trace metal analysis
Trace metal analysis has been the specialty of ALS Scandinavia’s laboratory in Luleå, Sweden for over 20 years. By operating the most sensitive analytical instrumentation (ICP-SFMS) in a controlled environment, ALS offers trace- and ultra-trace element testing with quantification limits (LOQs) matched by very few labs worldwide.
Trace metal testing laboratory
The ALS trace metal laboratory is designed to enable handling of sensitive sample types to minimize cross-contaminations. To date our instrumental park consists of:
- 13 High Resolution ICP-MS (ICP-SFMS) instruments for trace- and ultra-trace metal analysis as well as isotope ratio measurements.
- 3 ICP-OES instruments for metals end elements.
- 3 AFS (Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometry) instruments for determination of mercury and selenium.
- 2 multicollector ICP-SFMS (MC-ICP-MS) instruments for stable isotope ratio testing.
In addition to routine testing ALS Scandinavia also offers method development and validation for the project at hand. This has generated long experience in collaborating with universities, medical centers, industries and authorities. Our highly qualified and experienced staff is available for support throughout the whole project at hand. We have long experience from consulting our clients with regard to the metal analysis but also for sample preparation, pre-treatment and reporting.
Full or customized metal screenings
ALS routinely performs metal screenings of over 70 elements in a variety of sample materials and we are glad to offer either full elemental screenings or customized analytical packages for your particular need.
Our screening package includes elements, heavy metals, trace metals, REE elements (rare earth elements) and can be complemented with the halogens Br, Cl and I. The screening can be offered both semi-quantitatively and fully quantitative. Comprehensive trace metal screenings are useful for a variety of fields including:
- Checking background levels in the environment.
- Impurity analysis of products or chemicals.
- Investigational purposes, for example when one is not certain where a certain particle comes from in a production process.
Please contact us for more information about our analytical services or use the contact form on the right hand side. We will answear your request as soon as possible.
Customer service Luleå
+46 920-28 99 77
Customer service Luleå
+46 920-28 99 00