The RoHS Directive applies to products in Categories 1 -11. RoHS also applies to all cables, connectors, etc.
Below you find product categories impacteded under the RoHS Directive:
- Category 1: Large household appliances
- Category 2: Small household appliances
- Category 3: Computing & communications equipment
- Category 4: Consumer electronics
- Category 5: Lighting (except some fluorescents)
- Category 6: Power tools
- Category 7: Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Category 8: Medical devices and equipment including in-vitro diagnostic medical devices1
- Category 9: Monitoring and control equipment1
- Category 10: Automatic dispensers
- Category 11: Other electronic and electrical equipment not covered under categories 1-10.2
1 Compliance deadling for RoHS 3 phthalate restriction is July 22, 2021
2 Compliance deadling for RoHS 3 phthalate restriction is July 22, 2019
The above list may be modified by the EU Commission.