The RoHS directive applies to the following categories of EEE (electrical and electronic equipment):
- Large household appliances
- Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools (with the exception of large-scale stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Automatic dispensers
- Electric light bulbs
- Luminaries in households
The directive does not apply to spare parts for repair/reuse of EEE put on the market before July 1, 2006.
The above list may be modified by the EU Commission.